You may have heard that the Scottish/UK Government has responded to the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) by declaring that people should avoid travelling unless absolutely necessary.
The specific advice issued yesterday is:
- Anyone with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for 14 days. Anyone who lives with someone displaying coronavirus symptoms should also do this.
- Everyone should stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women.
- People should work from home where they can.
- People should avoid places like pubs, clubs and theatres.
- People should stop all unnecessary travel.
- By the weekend (from 21/3), those with the most serious health conditions should be largely shielded from social contact for 12 weeks.
- The previous advice also remains and everyone should regularly wash their hands and avoid contacting the NHS unless it’s essential.
We would like to reassure people supported by Future Pathways that protecting the health and wellbeing of the people we support and our staff is our priority.
This will mean that we will not be able to offer any face to face meetings or visit people at home for now, but we will offer alternatives ways of keeping in touch via telephone or email. We are also in contact with our partners who provide support to ensure we keep up-to-date with what services or supports if any are affected and will speak with people whose support may be directed affected by the restrictions.
You will still be able to get in touch with the support coordination team by phone or email, and the freephone number 0808 164 2005 will be available as usual, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
We are taking all available steps to minimise any impact to the service during these challenging times and will keep people up to date with any new developments. Our social media channels will be regularly updated, so please check our Facebook, Twitter and this website pages for further news.
Scottish Government information about COVID-19 (coronavirus) can be found here. For people living elsewhere in the UK, please follow this link.
In any crisis or emergency, please refer to the contacts on our website towards the bottom of the homepage.